Lenses that darken in the sun – Transitions Signature VII
Transitions are light organic lenses that darken in the sun.
Alcom Transitions Signature VII lenses ensure good vision, visual comfort and suitable protection by exibiting the following characteristics:
- indoors and during the night they are clear as conventional lenses – darkening of 11%
- in strong sun they are dark as conventional sun lenses, up to 85%
- because they clear almost completely they are suitable for night driving
- quick darkening
- quick clearing
- 100% UV-A and UV-B protection
- reduce glare
- reduce eye fatigue and watery eyes
- improve contrast
- darkening depends on the strength of the sun light
- available in gray, brown and NEW 1.5 green color
Available in 1.5 index for smaller diopters, as multifocal lenses, impact resistant 1.53 Trivex, thinned 1.61 and 1.67 for medium and higher diopters.
NEW – 1.74 for extreme diopters.
We recommend Opal Ultra/UV coating for better vision and easier cleaning.
For the users over the age of 45 who need different diopters for different viewing distances we recommend Magic Transitions.
For frameless glasses (“on screws”) we recommend the unbreakable variant Trivex Transitions.
Transitions® lenses are getting darker immediately upon exposure to UV light. The level and time to dark state will depend the amount of UV light present, time of day and direction of the sun. Transitions® lenses begin to fade back to clear as soon as UV rays are no longer present. Darkening is now less depending on the temperature.