Lux – thinning
- thinning of lenses without effecting the field of view
- reducing the thickness of lenses up to a few millimeters
- undiminished field of view
- it can be manufactured with all organic materials
- it can be manufactured with lens types: Sport, Sport Alpha, Alpha VIP, Alpha, Acomoda, ISV (individual Single vision)
Thinning of Lux lenses is possible with individual lenses:
Sport and Magic Sport
Ideal for curved frames with larger lenses, wherein non-optical part is shifted temporal, out of sight.
Significant thinning of the edge in minus diopter and the center of the plus diopter – up to a few millimeters.
In certain cases, the production of lenses can be carried out only with Lux.
Magic Alpha VIP, Alpha, iSV, Acomoda
Ideal for larger negative diopters, normal frames. Non-optical field of view is out of sight. It is obscured by the edge of a frame and handle.
Calculating the thickness
Calculation of thicknesses is also possible in AlcomOnline. You can enter it as a parameter in a tab Individual:
Lenticular diameter: the diameter of visual field is in millimeters.
_LP is for Negative diopter
_LPES is for Positive diopter
The result of thinning can be checked by calculating the thickness (Calculation) in tab Geometry, Horzontal cut. We recommend multiple calculations with various diameters of visual fields, until you reach the optimum between the thickness and the diameter of the field of vision.
– larger diameter of view field = thicker glass
– non-optical part (picture: Horizontal cut) should be no more than 5mm or up to 10mm with the largest sporting frames.