For working on a computer and in the office – Reader
Natural viewing when working at a desk or in the office
Consequences of looking at a computer screen for longer periods:
- blurred vision and headaches
- tired and dry eyes
- muscle tension in the neck and back due to unnatural sitting position
- loss of concentation and higher number of mistakes
The solution by Alcom
Reader Monitor lenses get rid of all the troubles associated with using a computer. The advantages of extended vision zone to 1.3 meters:
- body posture is natural,
- near and mid-range vision zones and wide and stable,
- vision is comfortable and natural,
- lenses are also suitable for other activities where near vision is used, such as using machinery and tools, hobbies, art and crafts, cooking etc.
We recommend the Opal Ultra/UV anti-reflection coating for sharper vision and easier cleaning.
|Unifocal (single vision) lenses||Reader|
|Short vision zone forces the user in unnatural and exhausting position||Extended viewzone allows user to have natural and relaxed position also by long time use of spectacles with lenses Reader|
Ideal work place
- If working for longer periods, one should occasionally look in the distance
- Also important are regular breaks, every hour if possible
- The distance between the eyes and the screen should be between 45 and 70 cm
- Desk surface should be between 20 and 28 cm above the height of the seat, but not higher than 75 cm
- The angle between the head and the body in a relaxed position should be between 10° and 15°
- Appropriate lighting is important. There should be no glare off the screen, there should not be any strong light source behind the screen.